Τρίτη 25 Ιανουαρίου 2011

Poems & Quotes.

by Zoi Apostolidi
 
William Shakespeare 

Romeo and Juliet Act III scene ii
Come, gentle night; come, loving, black-browed night;
Give me my Romeo; and, when I shall die,
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night.

Romeo & Juliet Act I, Scene IV
True, I talk of dreams,
Which are the children of an idle brain,
Begot of nothing but vain fantasy.

A Midsummer Night's Dream, Act I, Sc. I
Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind;
And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.
 
A Midsummer Night's Dream, Act III, Sc. I
And yet, to say the truth, reason and love keep little company together nowadays.

Julius Caesar, Act III, Sc. I
Though last, not least in love. 

 
Le Petit Prince (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)
On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. 

Strain for Eric Grossmann (Jenny Acasio)
The beauty of friendship so deep and nurturing, with infinite laughter is that it comes with no price and shall always be carried in your heart. 

"On the puppet Theater"  Heinrich Von Kleist.
But paradise is locked and bolted...
We must make a journey around the world
to see if a back door has perhaps been left open. 

Malheur at Pitié (Jacques Delille)
Le sort fait les parents, la choix fait les amis. 
The Hunger Games (Suzanne Collins) 
Here it's safe, here it's warm.
Here the daisies guard you from every harm.
Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true.
Here is the place where I love you.

The Importance of Being Earnest (Oscar Wilde) 
The truth is rarely pure and never simple. Modern life would be very tedious if it were either, and modern literature a complete impossibility!

The Picture of Dorian Gray (Oscar Wilde)
There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.

Canto V: Second Circle, Paolo and Francesca
There is no greater woe than in misery to remember the happy time.

Fire & ice (Robert Frost)
Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

 

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

Μπορείτε να μας στείλετε το σχόλιό σας κι εμείς, αφού κρίνουμε ότι συνάδει με το πνεύμα του ιστολογίου μας, θα το αναρτήσουμε. Παρακαλούμε τα σχόλιά σας να μην περιλαμβάνουν οποιεσδήποτε προσβλητικές αναφορές και να γίνονται σε πλαίσιο σεβασμού και κοσμιότητας.